PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS WHICH SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF OUR LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE FULLY READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THIS CONTEST.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
Terms & Conditions:
1.The Contest is organised by the Organiser and the same is open to those residing in Malaysia, aged 18 years and above at the time of entry to the Contest, save and except for: –
a. permanent and/or temporary employees of the Organiser and/or its respective subsidiaries and/or its affiliates, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives; and
b. representatives and/or business partners (including advertising, promotion and public relations agencies) of the Organiser and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
2. The Contest is made up of fourteen (14) series whereby there will be ten (10) Monthly Giveaways and four (4) Quarterly Giveaways.
2.1 Contest periods for the respective Monthly Giveaway Series are as follows: –
a. February Monthly Giveaway: from 1 February 2020 (12.00am) to 29 February 2020 (11.59pm)
b. March Monthly Giveaway: from 1 March 2020 (12.00am) to 31 March 2020 (11.59pm)
c. April Monthly Giveaway: from 1 April 2020 (12.00am) to 30 April 2020 (11.59pm)
d. May Monthly Giveaway: from 1 May 2020 (12.00am) to 31 May 2020 (11.59pm)
e. June Monthly Giveaway: from 1 June 2020 (12.00am) to 30 June 2020 (11.59pm)
f. July Monthly Giveaway: from 1 July 2020 (12.00am) to 31 July 2020 (11.59pm)
g. August Monthly Giveaway: from 1 August 2020 (12.00am) to 31 August 2020 (11.59pm)
h. September Monthly Giveaway: from 1 September 2020 (12.00am) to 30 September 2020 (11.59pm)
i. October Monthly Giveaway: from 1 October 2020 (12.00am) to 31 October2020 (11.59pm)
j. November Monthly Giveaway: from 1 November 2020 (12.00am) to 30 November 2020 (11.59pm)
2.2 Contest periods for respective Quarterly Giveaway Series are as follows: –
a. Quarter 1 Giveaway: from 1 February 2020 (12.00am) to 30 April 2020 (11.59pm)
b. Quarter 2 Giveaway: from 1 May 2020 (12.00am) to 31 July 2020 (11.59pm)
c. Quarter 3 Giveaway: from 1 August 2020 (12.00am) to 31 October 2020 (11.59pm)
d. Quarter 4 Giveaway: from 1 November 2020 (12.00am) to 31 January 2021 (11.59pm)
All the above periods are collectively referred to as the “Contest Period(s)”.
3. Details of the prizes will be revealed in the Contest’s website (https://www.kuntum.com.my) in the following manner: –
3.1. Monthly Giveaway Series:
Organiser will reveal the prize for next month on the 28th day of each month. For example, prize for February Monthly Giveaway will be revealed on 28 January 2020.
3.2. Quarterly Giveaway Series: Save and except for Quarter 1 prize which will be revealed on [https://www.kuntum.com.my], Organiser will reveal the prize for next quarter on the 28th day of the last month in each quarter.
For example, prize for Quarter 2 Giveaway will be revealed on 28 March 2020.
4. Participant who subscribes to one (1) year Kuntum magazine subscription during the Contest Period(s) shall earn one(1) entry to Monthly Giveaway and Quarterly Giveaway respectively. Multiple entries to the Contest are permitted provided always that each participant can only win one (1) Monthly Giveaway Prize and/or one (1) Quarterly Giveaway Prize.
5. The contest is only valid for home/direct subscription ONLY. School AND Corporate subscription will not be considered as participation.
6. Each participant will be given one (1) serial number (“Serial Number”) upon the Organiser’s receipt of subscription payment. Winners will be selected based on the mechanics provided in Clause 6 below.
7. The total qualified Serial Numbers allocated for each month will be divided by the number of prizes for the particular month added by one (1) to derive the winning number. For the avoidance of doubt, the winning number will be rounded down to the number resulting from the division. The above mechanics will be applied to derive the winners for the Quarterly Giveaways.
If the total qualified Serial Numbers for the February Monthly Giveaway is “4800” and the number of prizes for the month is “1”, then the total qualified Serial Numbers of “4800” will be divided by “2” to derive the winning number of “2400”. Participant with the Serial Number of “2400” will be the winner for February Monthly Giveaway.
8. At the end of each series, the winners will be contacted via telephone based on the telephone number provided during subscription. In the event any participant is uncontactable after three (3) attempts, then he/she will be disqualified and the following Serial Number after the winning number will be selected as the substitute winner.
For example: If the winner with winning number of “2400” is uncontactable after three (3) attempts, the participant with next Serial Number of “2401” will be selected as the substitute winner. Subsequently if the participant with Serial Number of “2401”is also uncontactable after three (3) attempts, the participant with the next Serial Number of “2402” will be selected as the next substitute winner, and so forth.
9. The Organiser shall not be held liable in the event the selected winner cannot be contacted for whatever reasons.
10. Upon verification and confirmation from the winners, arrangement will be made for winners to collect their prizes from the Organizer’s office located at Menara Star, 15 Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan [Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am to 5.30pm (excluding public holidays for Selangor)]. All prizes must be claimed within three (3) months from the date of notification failing which any unclaimed prizes will be forfeited by the Organizer without further reference to the said winner.
11. The Organizer may elect to post prizes to winners out of Klang Valley based on the address provided in the subscription form. Prize will only be posted once written confirmation has been given by the winner entailing his/her agreement for the postal delivery of his/her prize. The Organizer shall not be held liable for any damage or lost or delayed or unsuccessful delivery of prizes.
12. The prizes are subject to availability. The Organiser reserves the absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with other products and/or services of similar value, at any time it deems fit and necessary. All prizes are given on an “As Is Where Is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other prizes or voucher, whether in part or in full.
13. By participating in this Contest, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the Contest. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the prizes. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of their participation in the Contest and/or the use of the prizes.
14. While the Organiser will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Contest’s website, the Organiser makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
15. Use of and browsing on the Contest’s website is done at the participants’ own risk. Neither the Organiser nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Contest’s website, nor any naming right sponsors, event sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Organiser shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the participants’ access to, or use of, or browsing the Contest’s website, or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Contest’s website, including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, their computer equipment or other property as a result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Contest’s website is provided to the participants “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
16. Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the participants’ responsibility.
17. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, then the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Contest, modify the Contest, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, without prior notice.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto (bit.ly/kuntum40tc). Participants are highly encouraged to visit the Contest’s website regularly to ensure that they are aware of any amendments made by the Organiser. Participants continued usage of the Contest’s website and/or participation in the Contest after amendments are posted onto the Contest’s website shall be deemed that the participants agree to be legally bound by these terms as amended.
19. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING STATEMENT RELATING TO PARTICIPANT (this “Notice”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“PDPA”) AND PUBLICITY
19.1 The PDPA governs the processing of the participant’s personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Organiser. This Notice is issued to participants to inform the participants that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser.
19.2 Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by the participants in their participation of the Contest shall belong to the Organiser and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include the participant’s name, statements about the Contest or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to in any of the Organiser’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to the Contest.
19.3 Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser but the participants agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 18.2 above, the Organiser may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia: a. Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser;
b. The Organiser’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser in relation to the Contest (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
c. Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser; or
d. Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser is under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
19.4 Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
21. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Contest not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
22. The Organiser’s decisions are final and there shall be no appeal entertained and/or allowed. Participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organiser’s decisions.
23. For further information, please email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org .